Hello internet! My name is Hailey, I love music, Dan and Phil, writing, and video games because they're fun! What I like the most about English are actually the teachers because they make class fun and enjoyable. I also really like the stories we read, as I love to read and the stories we read are very interesting, yet very different from what I usually read on my own time. They open me up to a new variety of words which I love to use (some of them), and they each have their own, unique and interesting message. For example, I loved the message in The Alchemist because it's all about following your "personal legend," which means follow something you're destined to do. Such a strong message, in such a small book.
But what I'm really here for, Henrik Ibsen.
Often referred to as "the father of realism" and one of the founders of Monderism, Henrik Ibsen was born on March 20, 1828, and was announced dead on May 23, 1906. He was a theatre director and poet. His play A Doll's House became the most performed play in the early 20th century. Ibsen wrote his plays in Danish, and is also the world's most frequently performed dramatist since Shakespeare. His plays were shaped by his family background, and some of his most notable works were A Doll's House (1879), Ghost (1881), Peer Gynt (1867), and Wild Duck (1884). He married Suzannah Thoresen on June 18, 1858. Suzannah gave birth to their only child, named Sigurd, on December 23, 1859. They lived in poor financial circumstances and he moved out of Christina, Norway (his hometown), and moved to Sorrento, Italy. He did not return too Christina until 27 years passed. Ibsen is often ranked as one of the most distinguished playwrights in the European tradition. He was nominated for the Nobel Prize in Literature in 1902, 1903, and 104.
Source:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henrik_Ibsen - Wikipedia
You are a good Blogger! Keep it up.
ReplyDelete